Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving Break, a much needed head Clearer

Well I'm back from Thanksgiving break. Cambridge is a lot better than ol' Penn Place let me tell you. The four days away gave me some time to really clear my head up. The actual Thanksgiving day, I spent up at my Grandmother's house and I ate a lot. I look back and say what am I thankful for?? I'm thankful that there are people who actually care about me, who actually are on the same level as me. My family did ask a lot of questions about how are classes, how is Ohio State. For the first time I was really excited to answer questions by my family. I'm thankful for people at work. I struggled so hard at Wal-Mart giving 15 long months of service there to get to the ultimate goal, a return trip to Ohio State. Working at Wal-Mart again even for just 2 days(Friday and Saturday) gave me a chance to reflect on how lucky I really have it. Working was rough business. I can't imagine how I managed to go through all the stress for 15 months. I suppose that means now that I have my ultimate goal reached, I can't stop there. Once you climb one mountain, you gotta find another even taller one to climb. I can't allow a few jerks in my dorm hall to let a long struggle go to waste. I've overcome what I feel is the biggest struggle against the longest odds in getting back here and I'm not about to allow a few people to deter that. I'm leaving this dorm soon and going to the "Real Ohio State" very shortly. If I can survive 15 months of wondering where I will be at, I certainly can survive 2 weeks in a place flooded with jerks. As an old friend told me a short while ago "I'm from Cambridge, Embrace it" I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the greatest place around, but it did give me a chance to clear my head for a few days and reflect on what I've overcome to accomplish a dream of mine. That is more powerful than some pissant jerk who thinks they're self-proclaimed king or queen of Ohio State. I'm gonna ride this dream to the fullest.

PS. Also in Cambridge, I finished 9th in a Full Tilt Poker tournament out of about 650 players. Not too shabby for an online amateur. Suprisingly I didn't feel like the "Agony of Defeat guy" If you wanna know what I mean look up the final table of the 2004 WSOP. Wish me luck in a certain future victory

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home