Thursday, June 29, 2006

3rd Place: Mixed Reaction

I played in a tournament today on UB. $1 PL OMaha 8/b one of my 2 best games. Game went well early. I made an early double up to 4k with quad aces. (Starting stack 1500). At the same time I was playing a $20 HU game to kill time(I won it). When I got focused I just steadily mixed in good hands with aggression. I found myself the chip leader after hour one at 10k and hour 2 at 28k. 21 handed and 20 cash I was able to steal an extra 10k and put myself to 60k, the chip leader by 20k. I got all the way to heads up in 2nd chip lead after a few beats. Final table I bust 10th and get on a roll. I run a huge bluff with 4 to a straight(I had just 8 high) and got the chip leader to throw away three aces. I then scoop a massive pot that busts 2 players and puts me all the way up to 110k about 1/2 the chips in play. I flopped nut low and had a draw to the nut flush. The turn gave me the nut flush in hearts. 5 handed I bust the closest competition and 4th place. I've got 160k vs 20k vs 20k. The blinds at this point are crazy high. 3k/6k. I get reckless and start putting people all in. Soon after its 120 vs 40k vs 40k. Then I get down to about 70k after doubling someone up again. The final hand was very crushing. J-5-3 board and I've got 4-2-6-J. I bet this board and get called. I Hit a 6 high straight when a 6 comes on board. I move in for all my money so if I win and I think I will I'm back at 140k and cripple someone so I'll likely get to Heads up with a big lead. opponent calls. I also have 2 pair and redraw at a boat. He rivers a 7 that gives him an 8 high straight and also has a better low. 6 high straight and I got scooped for all my money. Crushing. Still 3rd place is a good finish and my first cash in a MTT in about a month so I'm not too depressed. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home