Sunday, May 14, 2006

Six Times the King of Kings

Time to gloat. This is the first post after my 6th Victory in a Tournament. This time $1 No Limit Holdem. It may not seem like much, but the $95 I took down was well worth my time. 379 entries. I felt sooooo good because it pretty much summed up my point. If I won a few races, made a few drawing hands, I would be a big winner. Sure enough it came true. I amassed a 10:1 Chip lead and although I lost a lil early, I made Aces and Jacks to take down the title. So reflecting back. I wanna go over my six reigns as the King and why each win is special to me.

1. $10 Limit Razz against Mourn.

This win came in Febuary of 2005. It's special because it's the first tournament I've ever won and even better it's the first time I have played a razz tournament. I had played play money and real money SNG's as well as cash games, but to win in my first try was great. The first braclet and $80.

2. 200 Full Tilt Point No Limit Holdem agaisnt MrTux.

This win was my first in holdem. I had a strategy and the chip lead entering the final table. MrTux a highly aggressive player was doing my dirty work. He knocked out 6 final tablists. I wanted to just weather the storm and wait for heads up where I felt I could take him. The big hand was 4-4 vs Ah-Qc. We go all in preflop for 85% of the chips in play. He hits a set. I get a Queen and a flush draw. When I river the flush I fly out of my chair. A few hands later I get Ks-9s and make Kings and Nines to win. $75.

3. $5 Limit Razz agaisnt Titleistman.

My 2nd razz win and 3rd victory. I like this tournament because entering the final table I was a massive chip leader and destroyed the field. 5 handed I knew, just knew I was going all the way. Titleistman, a solid player and FTF member was just the guy who weathered the storm the best. He was no match though as I had 90% of the money when Heads up started. $52.50

4. $5 Limit Razz against Katokat

My 3rd Razz win. The toughest final table I've ever faced. In the final table included.

A braclet race winner(Katokat)
A 30/60 Regular(RedSlick)
A top 5 stud 8/b player(Bruinwoud)
A WSOPC qualifer(Chickendog)
A previous razz winner(RageMachine)

Long odds indeed, but I played well, avoided getting trapped, and came out the champion. Tough tough table but I played my absolute best and it was good enough to beat the best. My favorite win $132

5. $10 Pot Limit Omaha 8/b over Allinfirsthand.

This was a game of comebacks. At the end of hour one I was 21 of 21 in chipstacks. On the bubble I was very low and 7th with 6 making the money. Also I had gone a while without winning. The 2nd to last hand for 95% of all in play I made an amazing suckout with three sixes and a 7 low to win. K-J-3-3 won it all the very next hand. $197, my biggest payday so far.

6 $1 No Limit Holdem over Jayel316.

Already explained, but I played outstanding and caught the right breaks.



Six times the king, but I want hopefully seven, eight, nine, ten....you get the picture.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello theге! І јuѕt wish tо
give you а huge thumbs uρ fοr thе great info уou hаvе got
hеre οn this pοѕt. I will bе cοming
bacκ to youг wеb site for more sоon.


My ωebpаge :: CarbonPoker Promotions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home