Monday, May 22, 2006

Kings and Jacks at Mirage

Recapping a good hand I had at Mirage.

The setting. 1-5 Spread Limit Seven Stud at Mirage. Matt Damon said in Rounders, the poker room at Mirage is the center of the poker universe. Today it's Bellagio, but Mirage was a damn fine room.

I'm up slightly for the game. Maybe $15 or so. I'm the bring in. I've got a nice consealed hidden hand (K-K)-2. I bring in for the minimum as you should in stud. $1 I get 2 other callers.

4th street someone gets an ace on board. He's been kind of active in pots and decides to pop in a $3 bet to see where he is at representing aces. The other caller folds but I dont buy it. I still have my kings, even though I catch a 4 and my board looks like crap. I believe Kings up will be the best hand.

5th. I hit a jack, he hits a King. He $5 bets on A-K-3. Could he have a pair of aces? 3 big cards. I still think he's trying to steal on me as my board is weak.
I call on 2-4-J looking like some tourist.

6th. I hit a a nine, he gets a deuce. He bets again. What could he have. I don't think it's just aces. I make a reluctant $5 Call.

7th. I spike another jack. He bets $5 and I make the crying call.

I show Kings and Jacks. Opponent shows Kings and Threes. He had an unlikely other two kings. Deception in stud is the best. I love the mirage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home